Consistently Inconsistent



It's four days into a new year. The gyms are packed with new members, determined to shed the winter pounds. Facebook is full of "New Year, New Me" status'. And don't get me started on the 52 week money challenge, all in an effort to save a little money for the next year. Every year we collectively make New Years resolutions, that ultimately the majority of us break within the first three months. So I decided to shake things up this year. I made no resolution, instead, I did something much more meaningful.


I wouldn't call myself a quitter, but I am an expert at starting and stopping and starting again more often then I'd like to admit. Hell those of you who follow this blog on a regular basis know of my inconsistency. And there it was...I am consistently inconsistent. Now yes, life does get in the way. I do have two small children, a conventional 9 to 5 job, mortgage and everything else in between. But committing myself to my passions, my health and my dreams, should come naturally. Instead, those things have taken a seat on the back burner and only arise when I feel guilty for not reaching my goals. So this year, I made a vow to pray and meditate in the spirit of consistency. In doing this, I see my goals as a whole and not separate things I'm trying to achieve. And it not only applies to my writing or my health, but the people in my life as well. I cannot surround myself with friends or family who bring only limited experiences to my life and not expect the negativity to rub off on me as well. And the best part is the feeling of completion. I don't feel like a mouse running on a wheel trying to get to the cheese as fast as I can. Rather it feels like a continuous, gradual growth.


Consistency is key and I finally understand why.


Happy 2016 my friends. Be blessed!


Malinda

Comments

Popular Posts