A Letter to my Daughter on her 1st Birthday

Yui Lena Caudle-Saito, born June 30, 2014 at 6:24am


My Dearest Yui-chan,

   I know I says this more then you want to hear, but I love you with all that I am. My heart and soul, along with your father, created someone so perfect. How could I not shout my admiration from the roof tops. I have been blessed by God with not one, but two absolutely wonderful little humans. And, it is my privilege to be your mother. And in saying that I make this vow to you:
Birthday cake by Cake Crazy Bakery and cake pops by Xonia Kemp
    I promise to be the kind of mother who understands she cannot do it all herself. That when I need help, and I often do, I know when to ask for it, as not to fail you or your brother. I promise to be your teacher of life. To help you know what the joys of childhood are. To play tea party and run through the sprinkler on beautiful summer days. To ride bicycles in the park with you and stroll down Elmwood Avenue for ice cream at Fowler's. I promise to be fun and make you laugh. To ease your nerves at your first ballet performance. I promise to attend school plays and field day fun. I promise to know the names of all your classmates and schedule play dates with their parents when our schedules are free. 
Strawberry sugar cookies by Jacqueline Niemira

   I promise, as you grow, I will continue to be that teacher of life for you. I will be honest with you about that outfit you so desperately want to wear, but know that I would NEVER send you out the house that way. I promise to check you when you get an attitude and roll your eyes in defiance. I promise to get in your face and ride your butt if your grades start to slip because you chose to hang out with the wrong crowd. I promise to keep you on the right track, to make sure you put the Lord first in all the things you do and understand where true joy comes from. I promise to instill in you what a real lady is because as Andre 300 from OUTKast says "kids will have to go to a museum just to see what a lady looks like". 

   I promise to be there when you walk across that stage and say good bye to adolescence and hello to adulthood. And I promise that when that happens, to know that my role as your teacher will be no more. You see my sweet girl, I will transition as well. No, I won't be your teacher anymore because hopefully, I will have taught you all the life lessons you need to know to make it in this world. But I promise to be your mentor. I vow to be your example of a woman through and through. I will be that role model of strength, honor and kinds that was handed down to me. I pass these traits to you my love. And through all of this my sweet Yui, I will always be there for you.

I love you with all that I am. Happy birthday my sweet baby girl.

Love Mommy xoxoxox

Comments

Popular Posts