10 Reasons Why I LOVE the Back to School Season


Hello there friends! Hope all of you are happy and well. Here in the northeast of America, our children have finally returned to school. So as this first week of school comes to a close, I just want to share with you my love for this time of year. Here's a countdown of ten reasons why I love the back to school season. Let's go!!!

10. Shopping for new school clothes. As a child, I could not wait to go school shopping. The feel of a new shirt or fresh smell of new Nikes always put me in a good mood. And it holds true now that I have my own children. Sending Masaya in new, clean clothes gives me a sense of pride.

9. Shopping for school supplies. Is shopping a theme here?? No, but getting that list and trying to find the best deals was always fun. And in my opinion, it should become an Olympic sport along with coupon cutting.

8. Going back to school is a sign that fall is coming. Autumn is indeed my favorite time of year. And going back to school was a signal that fall was just around the corner.

7. It's a fresh start. No matter how the last school year ended, September was a time to start over. Even if my good intentions only lasted until the middle of October, I still started out on a good note.

6. Reuniting with your old crew. Now, obviously this does not apply if you moved to a new place. But, reuniting with my friends was a hoot. Did I just say hoot? Wow, how old am I??

5. Time away from home. As a parent this has become a luxury. Sending my child off to school and having a break is like a dream come true. But it's also good for him as well. To be on his own without me, even for a few hours, helps to create self confidence and independence.

4. Reinforced early bedtimes and other restrictions. Now this one is all for the parents. Summer brings longer days and more activities. So naturally, I allowed Masaya to stay up longer and later. He was able to eat lots of junk food, watch tons of TV and basically could have the run if the house. I mean, he worked hard, he earned it. But once school started back, in bed by 8:30pm, only Japanese TV during the week and no iPod or iPad until the weekend. I run a tight ship.

3. The return of American football. 
I'm not the biggest football fan. But I love the start of the new season. So much hope that our teams will do well...not to mention the tailgating.

 2. Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are Back! I'm not a big coffee drinker at all. Honestly, I don't even really like coffee. But as soon as I see that sign in Starbucks, I go get in line.

1. Focusing on Education. And the main reason I love this time so much is that I know my child is in an environment solely to learn. Not just acedemically, but socially as well. Knowing that he and so many other children are in place that only helps them to be better, well...that's something to love.

Here's to an amazing school year for all you students and teachers out there!

Love Malinda xo

Comments

Popular Posts