Please Put the Phone DOWN!


Hello friends! Here we are again, blessed with another beautiful week. I am feeling good and the morning sickness appears to be going away. But I don't want to speak too soon because I thought it was gone three weeks ago and to my displeasure, to was not. Still have no idea the sex of the baby, but the world seems to be convinced that I am having a girl. I say, lets wait and see :)

So, I'm gonna get on my soapbox just a little here. I try my best not to be preachy, but this is something that has been bothering me for a very long time. Now, as far as I'm concerned when you own a cellar phone, and a smart phone to be exact, there is certain decorum that is required. But going out and seeing a group of people having lunch and none of them are conversing, but all of them are on their phones, it just disturbs me. I hate the fact that I have check Facebook to see how my husband's day went. And I want to scream when I'm driving and I almost hit someone because they are not paying attention to the road, but to the Candy Crush game they are playing on the phone. Can we all just put the damn phones down? Just for a little while at least. I understand answering a text or posting a photo to Instagram, but why are folks on the phone when they should be spending time with family or friends or reading a book or going for a walk or really anything else productive? And hey, I'm not innocent in this, but I do try my best not to constantly be on my phone when I am with my son or in the company of others especially. I understand that time with them is precious, so why would I spend it wasting time on the phone looking at some random beach photo on Facebook or a post on Twitter?

Ok, my rant is over, but let me challenge you all and myself too. Take just two hours, only two. Either during the week or the weekend and do not touch your phone. Do not check your messages, miss a call (but not an important one of course) or two and just be. You'll be surprised at what you can accomplish.

Love Malinda xoxox

Comments

Popular Posts