Dedicated - Sato: Modern Japanese Cuisine

My son Masaya enjoying miso soup, edamame and a traditional bowl of Japanese rice.

Sato's signature ramen
Hello, hello, hello friends! Hope all is well and you are staying warm in these freezing temperatures. WNY, do I have a treat for you. As most of you know, I live for finding authentic Japanese food here in Buffalo, NY and the surrounding areas. And one of the things I miss the most about Japan is food. I'm a firm believer that you truly learn about a culture through its food. The smells, the colors, the tastes are just a physical manifestation of the people and culture itself. So when I heard we were actually going to have a real ramen go-to here in Buffalo, I jumped at the chance to be first in line. Even more so when I had heard that they took home not 1 but 3 awards at the annual Buffalo Soupfest, held this past weekend for Best Ethnic, Best Stew and Best in the City. Not bad for a place that hadn't even opened yet!

Spicy ramen
Sato, located in Elmwood Village, is a perfect example of modern meets traditional. The sleek and minimalist venue sets the tone for this eatery. With a stylish bar area on the lower level and the dining area in the upper level, the atmosphere screams Tokyo through and though. The staff were very friendly and informative and the menu has an abundance of choices which is not limited to just ramen. The prices range from very inexpensive to moderate and I know we all are looking for a good deal when it comes to eating out. I choose the Sato signature ramen dish, which was a comfort and a vessel for my own personal memories of Japan. Not over powering but simple, it was everything I had hoped for in a bowl. It was just what I needed. Though there were a few little hiccups that occurred during our visit, I can say that I will be returning to Sato very soon. It has the making of become a city staple in one of the hippest areas in all of WNY. Enjoy!!!
Lunch, dinner and a late night menu available until 2am.

 Love Malinda xoxo

*For more information on Sato, you can visit their website at http://www.satobuffalo.com or you can find them on Facebook and Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts