Musings from my Desk...Part 2


Hello friends! I hope and pray all is well and that you are enjoying this gorgeous month of October. For me and my family, it's truly a month of preparations. Thinking of autumn activities to do, picking out costumes for Halloween, preparing the garden for winter, cleaning the chimney for warm, winter fires to come.

Yes, its all about getting ready. Making sure we have what we need for the months to come. I was recently talking to one of my dearest friends, Olivia about mapping things out. Both, she and I, do not care much for making New Year's Resolutions. We both agree that setting goals for yourself should not have a specific starting point, but real self improvement starts when you want it to. She was going over her list with me the other day of things she wished to accomplish and I thought to myself, 'What do I really want to accomplish?'. Yes, my Oscar for that award winning screenplay is still on my list as is a weekend at Oprah's farm in Hawaii. But, I truly had to sit down and think in increments. What could I accomplish on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis to keep my bigger dreams encouraged? Now, I'm not talking about a Bucket List. This is much simpler and more basic.  I sat down and took a pen and wrote them down. I put them on my vision wall so I could see them everyday and I encourage you all to do the same.

We keep so much in our heads, creating mental traffic jams. Why not create new roads to alleviate that confusion. Actually take out a pen and a piece of paper, sit by yourself, no phone or computer and ask yourself; what would you want to accomplish. Once you have it, place it somewhere you can see it everyday, to make yourself accountable and remind you, that no matter how good or how challenging the day, the week or the month has been, there are still things you did and will accomplish!

Love Malinda xoxo

P.S. Here are just a few (the list was a bit crazy) goals I wrote for myself if you need a little help getting started:

- Thank the Creator everyday that I wake and continue with pray of Thanksgiving (not the holiday folks, because everyday is Thanksgiving!)
-Wake up early and so some kind of workout, even if its only 15 mins.
-Have breakfast
-Reconnect with friends at least once a month (local and international)
-Have one "ME" day a week.
-Read more
-Tell my son and husband "I love you" everyday, even when they are driving me crazy.
-Do a good deed for a stranger once a month
-Finish at least one of my writing projects
-Take more pictures to understand my very expensive camera better
-Drink more water and eat healthy 70% of the time
-Go back to Japan

Comments

Popular Posts