Musings from my desk...part 1

                                   

"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take, relationships we were too afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make" -Anonymous


Hello my dears! 
Not going to make this one long. I was just thinking about time and how we really have so little of it.  I'm not talking about time management of the day and following schedules. I'm speaking of life itself... the life you live. 

When I was pregnant with my son, I refused to watch the news, scary or sad movies, read the paper or anything else I felt that would negatively effect the child growing in my womb through my subconscious. Some may say that's a little overboard, but I knew that everything I did, ate, saw or thought was effecting my baby. From that day and many days that followed, I made sure that everyday I was alive, I lived it with purpose, with joy, laughter and love surrounding me. Even now, almost four years later, I'm not a big news watcher. Sometimes I feel so jaded by the things I often see or hear about. Shootings more then I can count here in America, war and rumors of war, dishonesty of governments all over the world and human suffering all around. Yet, I try to make these deterrents my motivation to live my best life...maybe because I know that at any moment, it could all be taken away from me. So many people ask me how I could just get up one day and move to Japan. A place where I knew no one, did not speak, read or write the language and had little knowledge of, other then things I had researched or stereotypes that had been presented to me. I went with no fear and no expectations, except that I wanted to experience life. And that journey changed my life for the better. 

So my friends, I leave you with this. Live everyday like it is your last. Make it memorable in the little things as well as the big ones. So many of us leave the party too soon. For those of us blessed to stay til the end, make it a time that no one will forget.

Love,
Malinda xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts