A Tokyo Girl At Heart Top 10 Apps for Kids!

My son, Masaya, playing one of his favorite learning apps on my iPod Touch at Spot Coffee here in Buffalo, NY


Hello everyone, hello! I am here once again and let me tell you, this weekend is gonna be a monster! So, I wanted to send this technology post out before things started to get hectic, so lets get right into it!

Now, remember when I did my top 10 apps? If you didn't have a chance to see it, make sure you check it out. This time, its all about the kiddos and these are my all time favorite apps for the littles. I know there are some folks out there who are whole heartily against exposing their young ones to TV, iPhones, tablets and the like. And I respect that...however, I am not one of these parents. I did keep my son away from TV for almost the first 2 years of his life, but I can say that Yo Gabba Gabba was a godsend once he did start watching TV! Not to mention the fact that my son knows how to work my iPhone better then I do. I just see it as the new generation. I had Nintendo and Mario Brothers and he has an iPod touch and a LeapPad Ultra, different name but the same game. So here they are in no particular order.



1.  Toca Band- In truth, you can buy ANY Toca Boca app and expect marvellousness: the publisher has a well-earned reputation for quality. Toca Band has some quirky characters, with no set goals beyond having creative, musical fun. Highly recommend, this will not disappoint. 


2. Sago Mini Forest Flyer- This is a whimsical app that will entertain and delight young children as they explore the many surprises the magical forest has to offer. A truly wonderful app that should not be missed!










3. Smash Your Food - Even though this app is designed for older children, it doesn't stop the very little ones from having a great time smashing food. This app not only teaches about nutrition, but it lets
us see what we're putting in our bodies from a totally different perspective. And hey, who doesn't want to see a jelly doughnut being smashed to bits in a metal vice :)











4. Little Writer - This app is great for introducing the wee ones to letter, both upper and lower case,
numbers, shapes and other basic elements. Kids can trace and identify through didfenrt games and activities.











5. Little People Market - Now this app was introduced to me by one of my dearest friends, Rebecca. The fisher Price Little People toys are pretty much a staple for small children and this app is great for
reinforcing daily activities like shopping and following instructions and steps while baking.







6. Friendly Shapes - Great app for learning shapes, interactive puzzles and reinforcing colors. Some truly fun and entertaining games and the narrative is crystal clear.







7. Scout and Me - Scout was one of the first toys my son had, not to mention I attribute my son learning  to spell his name from that stuffed toy. So when I saw this free app, I jumped at it. The one word that comes to mind is...adorable. Though the objectives are basic, this is one app that my son loved and so did I.



8. Little Fox Music Box - I adore this app. Though I wish it had more songs, the ones that it does have are great! There are surprises around every corner. And just when you think you've solved all the little mysteries that are hidden, you found one more.






9. Nick Jr.'s Bubble Guppies - I am a big fan of this TV show. So when I saw that there was an app, I
got it. Just like the show it self, the app teaches but it also throws in tons of jokes and adds some really great songs too. This app in particular focuses on animals of all kinds.







10. Sushi Monster - This app is great for helping with basic math skills. Although my little one is a bit too young for it, he still loves feeding the monsters tons of sushi. Its fun and very addictive even for me :)







There they are, our top 10 apps. There are a few that we love that I didn't mention, but we don't want this blog post to go on and on right. So what are your favorite apps for kids? Make sure you list them in the comment area and thanks for reading!

Malinda xoxox

Comments

Popular Posts