Swimming with the fish: A day at the Aquarium of Niagara


Hello my friends! I hope everyone had a great and safe 4th of July here in the States. I'm really excited for this month. I have a lot planned and some fun vlogs coming up too.

My mother, God bless her, has always slept with the TV on for as long as I could remember. I am not like this. The darker the room the better. Usually she would start out watching the show or movie and end up falling asleep. In particular, she would keep the Finding Nemo dvd playing as she slept. She claimed that it was relaxing and soothing. You know, with all the water and what not. I used to think she was crazy. But, after taking a trip to the Aquarium of Niagara the other day, I think she may have been ahead of her time. Good one Mommy!

Its been raining pretty much everyday here in Buffalo and I was running out of indoor activities for my son to do. I have quite a few family memberships to local attractions here in Western New York and it was time to go to the Aquarium. To be honest, I didn't expect much. We would see some fish and other sea creatures and be on our way. But I must say, we had a fantastic time. My grandmother came along for some fun too and together we spent about 3 hours there. The staff we very friendly and knowledgable, the exhibits were clean and displayed nicely and the schedule worked so well that once we were done with one show another started. Now I know this facility isn't as big as others in Atlanta or Toronto. But for the size of the facility it was a great outing. We had lunch on the observation deck (which was clean as a whistle! 10 points in that alone) and even hung out at the State park afterwards by the world wonder Niagara Falls.








I am someone who believes in "word of mouth" reputation. That is, if I have a great experience somewhere, be it a restaurant, a concert, a park, a monthly or annual event, I will shout its praises to the world. Like wise, if that experience is lacking, I will inform most people I know not to bother. This day trip falls into the first option. If you, your date, your family or even your next door neighbor are looking for something to do, check out the Aquarium of Niagara. It was well worth it.

For more information on this facility please visit http://www.aquariumofniagara.org or call 716-285-3575 or 1-800-500-4609

Malinda xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts