Hello dear friends. Here we are again. It may be wedding season, but honestly all I hear about is baby, baby, baby. From close friends expecting their first to those doing it again for the third and fourth time. From reality stars to the British royal family, it seems like everyone has baby on the brain. And my friends, yours truly is not immune to baby fever. My husband and I have been discussing adding to our own family, but that's a whole other post in itself. I'm here to talk to you about some of my favorite baby products for all those new and repeat parents out there. These are all products that worked for me and I just had to share them. If you're still looking for a last minute gift or just curious about the world of baby, you've come to the right place. And remember, its all about what works best for you and your baby. Be open and willing to try new things. Plus, if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Leave me some feedback about products you love or if you have any questions about the products I have listed, leave those too. Here we go and enjoy!
Love Malinda xoxo
1. I loved these organic Kimono Wrap shirt from Little Sprout. When we brought Masaya home from the hospital, it was in the middle of winter, so the heat was blasting in the house. We would leave him in the kimono and the swaddle him. That way he wouldn't be too hot and Kenji and I had easy access to change him if needed. PLus the material is so light and soft on babies skin. You can find these at www.babyearth.com
3. Now, this was something we ended up getting way after Masaya was first born, but it was well worth the wait. The Bugaboo Chameleon in denim is an AMAZING stroller. It came with the bassinet attachment for the very early months and then converts into an upright stroller when little one is bigger. The rotating wheels make for an easy handle and the accessories, like storage under carriage and cup holder make strolls through the park a treat. Now this was a limited edition and retails for about $1059 at www.bugaboo.com . However, never under estimate the power of Ebay. We got ours used for a WHOLE LOT LESS.
4. Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether was my son's best friend for about 9-12-months. This was by far the best teether we had found and we tried several. Not only is it made from natural rubber and food paint, but it is also a sensory to as well and encourages early development. Unfortunately, around those last few months, Masaya not only bit off Sophie's nose, but her ear ear and right antler too. At least we know she's in a better place now. Tis product can be found at any major baby store in the USA or if overseas try ww.amazon.com
5. I cannot begin to describe how absolutely wonderful this crib/stroller blanket feels. The Kaloo Leaf blanket was a gift from my dear friend Carolyn while we were both still living in Japan. The moment I touched it all I could do was think of ways to actually steal this from my own baby. Horrible I know, but tis the power of the blanket. I won't even go into the little bear booties in the same material. You can find it at http://www.saksfifthavenue.com
7. The classic Moses Basket was another great gift. Now, my son didn't really care for the swing we had, but he loved this basket. It kept him clam and relaxed and we never really heard anything out of him when he was in it. Once he was too big for it, we used it as a storage container for his blankets and a few plush toys. There are many varieties out there but this one can be found at www.babiesrus.com