We remember the fallen





me·mo·ri·al day  

Noun
  1. A day, the last Monday in May, on which those who died in active military service are remembered.
  2. (in the Southern states) Any of various days (esp. the fourth Monday in April) for similar remembrances.


Even though most people in America are gearing up or BBQ and enjoying a three day weekend (myself included), I try very hard to take time out and focus on what tomorrow in America is all about. I reflect on the sacrifice, on the selflessness, that I and so many could not do. I reflect that even as my child grows that he may want to into the military service...and it scares me. Because I fear that knock on the door as the officer stands there and informs me of the honor my child received in the field, but unable to come home forever. How many children, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, uncles and aunts, cousins, friends, lovers and spouses have been lost. Their lives cut short for America. And its not if you agree with the fighting or not, it is about remembering the lives that have been lost. So my friends, I urge you tomorrow, take just 15 minutes in quite meditation and thanks those souls, those spirits at rest for doing what we could not. And in their sacrifice, let us lead better lives. Let us be better people, better countrymen. Let us value each day, love each other, encourage each other, work together and make this United States of America a better place. May God bless this country and all those who serve it...Amen

Love Malinda xoxox

Comments

Popular Posts