Its time to End the Mommy Wars

Hello my beautiful blog! I've missed you so much. We are now into the month of May and let me tell you, this is shaping up to be an amazing month. Not only has the weather broke into the nicest of the year, but so many wonderful and exciting things are afoot for our country and the world. In my neck of the woods, there are birthdays and babies and just an overall prep for summer. I love it! Yet, with all these wonderful things going on, people are still fighting and bringing up the most petty and insignificant things. It’s driving me mad! (In my best 1960's drive-in horror movie voice). You've all seen the cover of TIME magazine about attachment parenting no doubt. And for those of you who haven't you can always Google it. So many people have weighed in on this already and for me, I just can't do it. I'm so tired of this war that parents have created. Breastfeeding, not breastfeeding, co-sleeping, cloth diapers, daycare, nannies, working parents vs. stay at home parents and the list goes on and on and on and on. I can't take this anymore. Before this had ever come up I remember having a conversation with another mother casually about how I only breast fed my son for 4 months because I didn't produce a lot of milk and I gave both formula and breast milk. She then proceeds to call me a bad mother for doing so and that formula kills and she was going to teach me the proper way to keep my milk up next pregnancy. I am not a violent person, but in this instance I wanted to punch this woman in the face!!!! I may not agree with someone else's parenting choices, but I wouldn't conclude that this person was a bad parent. How did we get here and moreover, why does it seem like this "war" is only involving women? We have been through enough, why are we not supporting each other instead of judging all the time. Well Judgey-Wudgey was a bear and I'm a lady and so are you. Let's unite moms. I could care less if your stroller cost $980 or $100. If you have the new organic cloth diapers or disposable ones. I just want to know that you love your child and are doing everything that you can to raise that child into a model human being. That's what I want for my own son. I want him to be a good child with a kind heart and I want him to grow into a man that will change the world. It won't matter what food I gave him or the cloths dressed him in. What will matter is what I taught him. Leading by example, this is the purpose of parenting, to make stronger and better human beings then that last generation. I just wish that everyone would keep this in mind and not get wrapped up in all the hoopla. Sending love and luck your way -Malinda xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts