Everyday is new



Now, I know that last time I had an entry I was going on and on about how I was dreaming of having a daughter. And, yes, I still am. But my reality is that I had given birth to one of the most wonderful human beings on this earth. And I have to privilege, along side my husband, to raise him in to a strong, kind and amazing man.

My son Masaya is the most important person in my life. In part because I am his mother and also in part because he solely depends on me and Kenji. I will say, that having children is not for everyone. Hell, being married or in a committed relationship is not for everyone. Our social obligations have changed and that is one thing I tell my girlfriends, "Don't bow to the pressure for getting married and having a family". The consequences of doing so are disastrous. For me, I always knew I was going to be4 a mother, even if I didn't know I was going to get married, I knew I was going to have kids. Does he drive me crazy? Yes. Am I drained because not only am I a full time mom, I'm a full time working mother at that too? Hell Yeah!!! But my decision to have Masaya was the best decision I ever made. My son is a gift. A loud, energetic, loving unconditional gift from God and I think HIM everyday for blessing me. I pray I will as fortunate next time around and maybe with a little girl....time will time.

I love you Masaya and I love all of you as well.

-Malinda

P.S. those pictures are from my baby shower, that I threw along with my mother and grandmother:) Who gives themselves a baby shower?????

Comments

Popular Posts