What's up with all the Christian bashing????


I am a Christian. I believe that there is a God. I believe and follow the teaching of Jesus. Now, before some of you get your panties all in a bunch, let me tell you why I have to formally make this declaration.

It seems like there's been some big atheist movement going on. On bilborads, tv spots and all other souces of media, people are coming out saying that they "don't believe in God", no, better yet, "there is no God and I'm silly for thinking that there is". This is where I have an issue. You don't want me bringing my beliefs to your attention, but you call me silly or stupid for having faith? Now, we all know that there will always be those who say they are Christian and do everything to negate that very statement. Judemental, killers, and just the out right mean. This is not what I stand for. When I say that I am a Christian. I mean that I follow the teachings of Jesus. I try to be like Christ in all that I do. This is the foundation of who I am. The kind of wife, mother, daughter, friend that I am, it is all based on my belief in GOD. You can not place judgement on a whole faith because some people want to act like fools. I love Bill Mahar. He is so intelligent and funny. He is also an atheist. I don't send him hate mail or protest in front of his studio. I respect that he is human. I respect and admire his wisdom and wit. And recently he said that, if Jesus came back I would say, I was wrong. Then let that be it then. No bashing or calling each other names like were 8 years old. Everyone is given a choice. If you believe you believe it, if you don't then that is the choice you have made. Everyone has said, there is no proof that God exist. But you can't show me that God doesn't exist either (talking to you Stephan Hawkings!!!)

We need to start loving each other and stop all this bickering. To get respect, you have to give it and isn't that all we can all ask for?

Comments

Popular Posts