To mole or not to mole


I don't know if you've noticed, but I have a small mole directly under the outer corner of my right eye. I've always been so insecure about it and I have said for years that I would have it removed. Recently, my son keeps pointing it out. And he points to it and says "Mommy's pole". Its cute, I know, but I correct him nonetheless and say " No, Masaya. Its not a pole, its's my mole." And he would say it the right way and I would cringe. I mean, what's the big deal? My two year old has great sentence structure and I'm getting worked up over a mole? Its silly, I know. But then, a few days ago, he does his thing, points out my mole and says " I love Mommy pole". Well my dears, that was that. No removal for the "pole/mole". Its amazing how children see things and I think, if we could just look through their rose colored glasses sometimes, things would be a lot easier. Thank you Masaya for loving Mommy, just the way she is. Big kiss to my big boy and a big kiss to all of you! xxxx

-Malinda

Comments

Popular Posts