Everyday is the 14th....


Its so funny. Even though I'm married, Valentines day still sucks. My husband is not a romantic guy at all. Now, don't get me wrong. I am married to the most wonderful man and father. He is my greatest love and I am so happy and blessed to have him in my life. But, lets face it, he is NO Romeo. I'm lucky if I get a card. I see these guys going all out of their way and having grand gestures of love. I have to admit, I'm jealous. Unlike my husband, I am a romantic. A hopeless romantic at that, who secretly dreams about a knight in shining armor, even though I would never say it out loud (Oops, I just did. Oh well.).

But, there is one thing I do know. February 14, shouldn't be different from any other day. Why do I have to have romance on one day out of the year? Well, I guess it would be two times out of the year, since most people go all out on an anniversary too. But, what if I wasn't married or even in a relationship? What then? I should be getting loving the whole year round! I'm a firm believer in that! So save that money. Believe me, Hallmark does not need any more and you could sure use it more then them. And remember that everyday is Valentines day. You should be doing something to let the people around you know that you love them all the time. I try my best to do this and it makes the disappointment less, since I'm not excepting something on V-Day. I just expect it the next week. And the week after that and the week after that. :)

Anyway, for those of you who are the fortunate ones to go all out on this day, congratulations. I won't hate, I'll just celebrate with you today. And the day after that, and the day after that. Because like Andre 3000 says "Everyday is the 14th."

Love Malinda

Comments

Popular Posts